Monday, February 28, 2011

WHAT IT.............


Questions………… As much as I love asking, I hate hearing and answering them. However unfortunately for me, I mostly end up being at the answering end be it home or office. They can be quite irritating at times. I specifically hate the ones, which start with WHY, WHAT, HOWCOME, HOW. How much ever I detest, they seem to have become an eternal part of my life now. Everyone seems to be having a ball out there asking me questions. At times I wonder, “Am I answerable even to this person?” Perils of being responsible in life I believe.  No one seems to be questioning people who are irresponsible and useless. Wonder when will the world learn to trust my abilities and me.

But there are some questions that I really love. The ones, which start with “WHAT IF”. They are always fun as you can risk to answer them based on the interrogators mood. After all, they can always have multiple and varied answers, from positive to negative, good to bad, hilarious to ugly. Actually depends on how wild you let your imagination flow and how fast you can integrate it with the situation at hand and manipulate things. Trust me answering such questions can be quite fun at times. Has anyone of you ever tried asking or answering couple of such questions? Well, I thought of asking myself some such questions on my own and am sharing the first one along with the answers that came to my mind with all of you.


What If SRK (Shahrukh Khan) was not a part of the film industry?

Well, I would say if SRK was not a part of film industry what would have Aamir Khan called his dog? Whose shows would Amitabh Bachchan compare his shows TRP with, and write a blog article on, loosing out on much wanted traffic and publicity to his blog. Salman Khan’s life would be so unexciting and uneventful with no jaani dushman as they say, and poor Aamir and Salman would never have been best friends mutually trying to outdo SRK. They would instead be trying to outdo eachother then . Neither Karan Johar nor Aditya Chopra would be a director. Well, neither of them has any movie with any other actor and atleast one of them vows not to either. So…… Maratha Mandir would be out of business with no DDLJ to screen for all these years. Who would the critics compare any new launched bright male actor with or for that matter who would the new star look to displace and become the KING of film industry? The actors would not be as rich as they are now, as they would then not have discovered an alternative profession and source of money…… dancing at marriages and personal events to earn a bomb. Bollywood bandwagon might not have been doing endorsements and models would still have been in business. Kolkatta Knight Riders might have performed better in the IPL with no KING size expectations and Ganguly might still have been a part of IPL. Suzannne Roshan would lose out on a best friend Gauri and where would Kajol be today without DDLJ and KKHH? No KING, no frenzy fans, no ideal husband expectations by wives, no rags to riches hero, no nowhere to ruling the heart of millions star to look upto by youngsters, and the list just does not seem to end……… PHEW!!!

I can still come up with many of such answers that too when I have not even started thinking in terms of his movies and character portrayals. I am sure those films would still have been made with some other star but would they still have been the same or even better? Food for thought I must say. I am sure many of you can come up with things that would have been much better and nicer without him around. But the diehard SRK fan in me does not allow to venture into that zone. So what if he gives us a ZOR KA JHATKA at times.

I will soon come up with a new set of what if question and answers to it. Till then, happy reading I would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment